MAY 4, 2020 – UPDATE
- June 1, 2020 – Daysail reservations will resume
- June 1, 2020 – Lessons, make-ups, check-outs, and private lessons will resume
- In-person Member Programs are canceled for the foreseeable future.
APRIL 4, 2020 – UPDATE
With the extension to our stay-home order, we are suspending recurring payments for May membership dues, as well as annual Deductible Waiver fees that are scheduled between April 10th – May 30th. Deductible Waiver fees that were scheduled within this time frame will be withdrawn June 10th.
- Boat Reservations will be available Friday, May 8th
- All lessons are canceled until June 1st. Those with scheduled lessons will receive an email with a Gift Card code to use to reschedule at your convenience.
- April 25th – Tri-Island Race is canceled
- In-person Member Programs canceled until June 1st
March 25, 2020 – Update
- Boat Reservations are suspended until April 18th.
- Member Programs, flotillas, SSC gatherings of all kinds have been canceled.
- The office will be closed until April 24th.
- North U Sail Trim Seminar has been canceled. All who registered, please contact ASA for a refund.
- At this time we are not available by phone. Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Response time may be slow.
- Lessons, private lessons, make-ups, check-outs and the like are canceled until April 24th.
- Students scheduled in lessons that have been canceled – an email has been sent out with a code to rebook your lesson online. If you did not receive one, please contact email@example.com.
- Course materials will be shipped out once a week.
Sloop Tavern Yacht Club has canceled Series 1 of Ballard Cup. They have also canceled Blakely Rock Benefit Race and Race to the Straits. Series 2 is still a go for now.
Corinthian Yacht Club has canceled all racing until May 5th. The first 2 races in Sound Wednesdays Spring Series have been canceled as well as Center Sound Series Scatchet Head & Three Tree Point.
Seattle Yacht Club’s Tri-Island Regatta is still scheduled for April 25th, May 9th, and May 30th.
Swiftsure International Race has been canceled for 2020. We will be opening an ASA 106 lesson that weekend (Sat-Mon, May 23rd-25th) for those of you who would like to continue to take the lesson.
- We are running a 25% Off Sale on our online store. Use code STAYHEALTHY at check-out.
- We will be fulfilling orders from our online store as quickly as possible. Please understand your order may take 2-3 days to ship. We appreciate your patience.
March 18, 2020
Dear Seattle Sailing Club Community,
Since January, SSC has been actively monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in accordance with federal, state, and county public health experts and organizations.
In the first week of March, we came together to discuss the situation and the possibilities to come. We contacted our instructors and staff to encourage them to stay home if ill and started our sanitation efforts immediately.
On March 9, 2020, we contacted all of our students and members notifying them of our efforts to limit exposure by sanitizing the lobby, office, and boats. We encouraged our staff, students, and community members to stay home when sick, clean your hands often, avoid close contact with people who are sick, and cover coughs and sneezes. We notified the community that we were waiving all cancellation and rescheduling fees to encourage those who are ill to take care of themselves.
Along with this communication with our students and members, we conducted our first virtual seminar hosted by Margaret P. one of our sailing instructors. She has put together a couple more virtual seminars she will be doing in the future, as well.
At this time, with the ever-increasing confirmed cases and in lieu of Gov Inslee’s press conference on March 16, Seattle Sailing Club will close until April 24. The safety of our community is paramount and we are taking every precaution to preserve the health and well-being of our members, students, and staff.
What this means:
- All boat reservations between now and March 31st will be canceled. We will closely monitor all health department websites as well as local and federal government sites for any changes or extensions to their mandated closures. We will send an updated email at the end of March regarding boat usage.
- All lessons until April 24th are canceled.
- First 2 Ballard Cup Races are canceled – 4/13 & 4/20
- First CYC Sound Wednesday race canceled – 4/22
- Center Sound Series Scatchet Head & Three Tree Point are canceled – 3/21 & 3/28
- Blakely Rock Benefit Race canceled – 4/4
- All In-person Member Programs will be canceled until April 24th.
- North U Sail Trim Seminar is canceled.
We are waiving all cancellation and rescheduling fees for reservations and lessons during our closure. We will continue to work on virtual learning opportunities during this time and will reach out when more are added to our program calendar.
As a small business, keeping our members and students is critical to our existence. During this time, we are working together to develop a program that will ensure financial stability for our staff, we hope students and members will choose to reschedule rather than cancel lessons and reservations altogether.
While you cannot visit us in the store, our online store (shop.seattlesailing.com) is still open and we will be running a 25% off sale during our closure. Use code: STAYHEALTHY and receive 25% off your entire online order.
Our office will be operating with a very limited staff (2). We are experiencing a heavy volume of phone calls; please be patient if we do not respond immediately. The best way to contact us is via email, firstname.lastname@example.org – please allow 24-48 hours for a response.
This is a new experience for all of us and we will continue to monitor the CDC, and our local and federal health department websites. As a community-driven business, we will work together to adapt to the everyday changes being implemented and do our part during this critical time. We will continue to communicate our actions as the situation progresses.
We look forward to opening our doors again, and we appreciate your understanding.
Stay healthy and well!
Here’s to sailing with you all again soon!
Bob Ross, President
Jennie Cutting, Club Manager
Rachel Steendahl, Service Manager