Jobs at Seattle Sailing Club
Seattle Sailing Club is the fun place to learn and sail. Our stellar team of instructors, dock concierge, and office crew work hard to create a fun, friendly environment for club members and students. Check out our available positions below and join the fun!
Our positions in the office are currently filled, but if you are interested in sending in a resume to be contacted about future opportunities, we are happy to stay in contact. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are the positions held in the office here at the Club.
Sailing School Coordinator
Our positions on the dock are currently filled, but if you are interested in sending in a resume to be contacted about future opportunities, we are happy to stay in contact. May – September, we hire seasonal Dock Concierge to help out on the dock which can often turn into a full-time year-round position. Please send your resume to email@example.com. Below are the positions held on the dock here at the Club.
Dock Assistant, Concierge, Boat Cleaner
Become a Sailing Instructor
Review the ASA Standards of Certification, ASA’s Instructor Code of Ethics, ASA’s Instructor Clinic Information and let us know if you are interested in moving forward with becoming an ASA sailing instructor!
Contact: Jennie Cutting, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sailing Instructor Position
Available Now: F/T or P/T Instructors
Seattle Sailing Club teaches American Sailing Association sailing lessons from beginner to advanced. Along with our ASA lessons, instructors also have the opportunity to instruct in team-building events, private sailing instruction, race coaching, clinics, check-out sails, seminars, and member programs.
- Teach safety, boat handling, and sailing theory to adults in keelboats who are beginning or intermediate sailors.
- Develop and follow Seattle Sailing Club lesson plans that include classroom and on-the-water drills.
- Have understanding and patience for the students and be able to adapt to their individual needs.
- Maintain a clean and inviting classroom.
- Administer and grade ASA certification exams.
- United States Coast Guard Licensed (any tonnage) (required for teaching on boats with engines on the Puget Sound)
- American Sailing Association Certified Instructor 201 or higher (we can arrange for instructor certification for candidates who aren’t ASA certified)
- Current Red Cross & CPR Certification
- Must have a passion for sailing, the environment, and working with people.
- Must have a positive attitude and understanding of a flexible schedule.
- Proficient in all aspects of handling keelboat sloops from 22′ to 40′ (rigging, sailing or under auxiliary power)
- Coast Guard sail endorsement.
- Experience teaching/coaching sailing.
- Local knowledge of the Puget Sound area.
- Charismatic leadership
Schedule & Availability
Scheduling instructors depends on our lesson schedule, the time of year, and current events. Full-time instructors will be guaranteed 40 hours/week from April through October and will participate in team-building events, private sailing instruction, boat cleaning and maintenance, racing, seminars, and member programs.
Lessons are available weekdays, weekends, and evenings (April through September).
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation: DOE (starts around $20+/hour
- Pro deals on Gill, Dubarry, Mustang, and other brands
- Access to sail the Club fleet
To apply, please send us an email introducing yourself along with a resume. email@example.com