Jobs at Seattle Sailing Club
Seattle Sailing Club is the fun place to learn and sail. Our stellar team of instructors, dock concierge, and office crew work hard to create a fun, friendly environment for club members and students. Check out our available positions below and join the fun!
Sailing Instructor Position
Available Now: F/T or P/T Instructors
Seattle Sailing Club teaches American Sailing Association sailing lessons from beginner to advanced. Along with our ASA lessons, instructors also participate in team building events, private sailing instruction, racing, seminars, and member programs.
- Teach safety, boat handling and sailing theory to adults in keelboats who are beginning or intermediate sailors.
- Develop and follow Seattle Sailing Club lesson plans that include classroom and on-the-water drills.
- Have understanding and patience for the students and be able to adapt to their individual needs.
- Maintain a clean and inviting classroom.
- Administer and grade ASA certification exams.
- United States Coast Guard Licensed (any tonnage)
- American Sailing Association Certified Instructor 201 or higher (we can arrange for instructor certification for candidates who aren’t ASA certified)
- Current Red Cross & CPR Certification
- Must have a passion for sailing, the environment, and working with people.
- Must have a positive attitude and understanding of a flexible schedule.
- Proficient in all aspects of handling keelboat sloops from 22′ to 40′ (rigging, sailing or under auxiliary power)
- Coast Guard sail endorsement.
- Experience teaching/coaching sailing.
- Local knowledge of the Puget Sound area.
- Charismatic leadership
Schedule & Availability
Scheduling instructors depends on our lesson schedule, the time of year, and current events. Full time instructors will be guaranteed 40 hours/week April through October and will participate in team building events, private sailing instruction, boat cleaning and maintenance, racing, seminars, and member programs.
Lessons are available weekdays, weekends, and evenings (April through September).
Starting at $18/hour.
To apply, please send us an email introducing yourself along with a resume. email@example.com
Boat Washer/Dock Concierge Position
Seattle Sailing Club is looking for a dedicated boat washer to join our crew. The position is full time and year-round. The main duties will include working with our team to keep our fleet of 30 sailboats sparkling clean inside and out and to be a sailing club presence on the docks.
Sailing experience is desirable, but certainly not required. We’ll give you all the tools needed to take on the job, learn about the fleet and sailing, while having a good time working outside on the Puget Sound.
- Friendly, professional, and engaging – This is a people-first position, and we are looking for someone who can communicate with our students, members, and customers in a manner befitting the fun and friendly atmosphere here at SSC.
- Positive Attitude
- Strong collaborative skills
- A self-starter who will seek out opportunities to help whenever possible
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, members, and customers
- Consistent punctuality & dependability
- Dock concierge – assist members with dock lines during departure and arrival, along with briefing them on particular vessel nuances
- Clean and organize boat interiors and exteriors
- Prep boats for overnight charters
- Clean BBQs, dinghies, etc.
- Inspect boats after daysails and overnight charters
- Reporting damage, misuse, or missing items on/in boats
- Eventually learn to operate/drive sailboats to fuel-up and pump-out
- Take out office garbage/recycling
Desired, not required
- Sailing experience – We will train you to talk the talk and walk the walk, but previous sailing experience is a plus and enthusiasm for the sport is a must!
- Food Handlers Permit (not required at all, but helpful for events)
Schedule & Availability
The schedule will include work on the weekends and some holidays.
- Tons of sailing opportunities
- Sailing Lessons + certifications
- Health Insurance after 90-day probationary period
- Life Insurance
- Email/bring in a current resume
- Complete Seattle Sailing Club Application
- Clean background check
- Reference check
To apply, please send us an email introducing yourself along with a resume & application.