Jobs at Seattle Sailing Club
Seattle Sailing Club is the fun place to learn and sail. Our stellar team of instructors, dock concierge, and office crew work hard to create a fun, friendly environment for club members and students. Check out our available positions below and join the fun!
Sailing Instructor Position
Available Now: F/T or P/T Instructors
Seattle Sailing Club teaches American Sailing Association sailing lessons from beginner to advanced. Along with our ASA lessons, instructors also participate in team building events, private sailing instruction, racing, seminars, and member programs.
- Teach safety, boat handling and sailing theory to adults in keelboats who are beginning or intermediate sailors.
- Develop and follow Seattle Sailing Club lesson plans that include classroom and on-the-water drills.
- Have understanding and patience for the students and be able to adapt to their individual needs.
- Maintain a clean and inviting classroom.
- Administer and grade ASA certification exams.
- United States Coast Guard Licensed (any tonnage)
- American Sailing Association Certified Instructor 201 or higher (we can arrange for instructor certification for candidates who aren’t ASA certified)
- Current Red Cross & CPR Certification
- Must have a passion for sailing, the environment, and working with people.
- Must have a positive attitude and understanding of a flexible schedule.
- Proficient in all aspects of handling keelboat sloops from 22′ to 40′ (rigging, sailing or under auxiliary power)
- Coast Guard sail endorsement.
- Experience teaching/coaching sailing.
- Local knowledge of the Puget Sound area.
- Charismatic leadership
Schedule & Availability
Scheduling instructors depends on our lesson schedule, the time of year, and current events. Full time instructors will be guaranteed 40 hours/week April through October and will participate in team building events, private sailing instruction, boat cleaning and maintenance, racing, seminars, and member programs.
Lessons are available weekdays, weekends, and evenings (April through September).
Starting at $20/hour.
To apply, please send us an email introducing yourself along with a resume. email@example.com
Assistant Club Manager
Seattle Sailing Club is looking for a Jack/Jane-of-all-trades Assistant Manager who will assist the Club Manager in all operations of the sailing club. They will work with our team to recruit memberships, sign up students for sailing lessons, coordinate member and corporate programs, and maintain the pro shop/retail/online sales.
We Are Looking For:
– Friendly, professional, and engaging – This is a people-first position, and we are looking for someone who can communicate with our students, members, and customers in a manner befitting the fun and friendly atmosphere here at SSC.
– Customer service extraordinaire
– Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple activities
– Perform with frequent interruptions and/or distractions
– A self-starter who foresees what needs to be done and comfortable directing others
– Ability to develop effective relationships with staff, students, members, and customers
– Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication
– Proficient in MS Office, Adobe products, Constant Contact and other marketing production programs.
– This position requires weekend availability. The schedule will also often require early mornings and evenings during the summer season.
– Supervisory & retail experience is a plus!
– Work with the team to recruit new members, students, and assist walk-in customers
– Work with the Club Manager to produce marketing materials both in print and online. Manage social media accounts to increase the public knowledge of the joys of sailing and the benefits of being a part of a club.
– Work with the Club Manager in creating purchase orders throughout the year to maintain pro shop inventory. With this comes the opportunity to learn about online and Amazon sales and gain knowledge of top of the line foul weather gear.
– Along with the other office staff including administrative assistants, this job also involves answering phones and responding to incoming email inquiries, scheduling lessons, and boat reservations.
– Prep for and coordinate member programs including flotillas, fun races, weeknight and weekend racing programs, and onshore social events.
Desired skills, but not required:
– Washington State Food Handlers card
– Sailing, sailing, and more sailing! Employees are welcome to take our ASA sailing lessons, enjoy the use of club boats, and participate in our Club sailing events!
– Health Insurance & Life Insurance after a 90-day probationary period
– This job is a full time and year-round position with compensation based on experience.
Please send a brief description of who you are, what interests you about the position, and a copy of your resume.