Jobs at Seattle Sailing Club
Seattle Sailing Club is the fun place to learn and sail. Our stellar team of instructors, dock concierge, and office crew work hard to create a fun, friendly environment for club members and students. Check out our available positions below and join the fun!
Become a Sailing Instructor
2020 Instructor Qualification Courses
April 15-17 – 201
April 18th – 203
April 19th – 204
April 20th – 205
Review the ASA Standards of Certification, ASA’s Instructor Code of Ethics, ASA’s Instructor Clinic Information and let us know if you are interested in moving forward with becoming an ASA sailing instructor!
Contact: Jennie Cutting, Club Manager, email@example.com
Sailing Instructor Position
Available Now: F/T or P/T Instructors
Seattle Sailing Club teaches American Sailing Association sailing lessons from beginner to advanced. Along with our ASA lessons, instructors also participate in team building events, private sailing instruction, racing, seminars, and member programs.
- Teach safety, boat handling and sailing theory to adults in keelboats who are beginning or intermediate sailors.
- Develop and follow Seattle Sailing Club lesson plans that include classroom and on-the-water drills.
- Have understanding and patience for the students and be able to adapt to their individual needs.
- Maintain a clean and inviting classroom.
- Administer and grade ASA certification exams.
- United States Coast Guard Licensed (any tonnage)
- American Sailing Association Certified Instructor 201 or higher (we can arrange for instructor certification for candidates who aren’t ASA certified)
- Current Red Cross & CPR Certification
- Must have a passion for sailing, the environment, and working with people.
- Must have a positive attitude and understanding of a flexible schedule.
- Proficient in all aspects of handling keelboat sloops from 22′ to 40′ (rigging, sailing or under auxiliary power)
- Coast Guard sail endorsement.
- Experience teaching/coaching sailing.
- Local knowledge of the Puget Sound area.
- Charismatic leadership
Schedule & Availability
Scheduling instructors depends on our lesson schedule, the time of year, and current events. Full-time instructors will be guaranteed 40 hours/week April through October and will participate in team-building events, private sailing instruction, boat cleaning and maintenance, racing, seminars, and member programs.
Lessons are available weekdays, weekends, and evenings (April through September).
To apply, please send us an email introducing yourself along with a resume. firstname.lastname@example.org