Boat Ownership in Seattle Sailing Club’s Fleet
Seattle Sailing Club boat owners help make it possible for hundreds of trained SSC club members to experience the joys of sailing the Puget Sound and San Juan Islands in comfort with their family and friends. Boat Ownership in the Seattle Sailing Club has many advantages. Below are just a few of the reasons sailors have opted to put their boats to work for them.
BENEFITS TO BOAT OWNERSHIP IN SEATTLE SAILING CLUB’S FLEET
- We take care of your monthly moorage costs.
- We pay a fixed monthly lease payment year-round.
- We organize your boat’s routine maintenance.
- We provide annual cleanings and inspections of your boat’s systems.
- We care for your boat – performing daily walk-throughs year-round.
- We offer our highest level of membership for a fraction of the cost.
- Charter your boat up to 12 consecutive days between May and October with advanced reservation privileges.
- Race your boat in local regattas and choose a summer weeknight race series every year.
- Moor your boat in Shilshole Bay Marina year-round or in Anacortes (May – September) for easier access to the San Juan Islands (Boats 35’ +).
- Discounted rates on all sailing lessons.
- Discounts on Gill, Dubarry, and Mustang Survival sailing gear.
- Participate in our member programs, join our fun community, and share your passion for sailing!
What Makes a Good Club Boat?
- 0 – 15 years old
- Fiberglass hull
- Boats under 30ft – tiller driven
- Boats over 30ft – wheel driven
- Sloop rigged
- 24’ – 42’ keelboats
- Fin keel, short keel, or bulb keels
- Cruising boats 32’-42’ with anchor windlass
- 2-3 berths
Boat Qualities That are Not Suitable for Club Use:
- 25-30+ years old
- Wood hulls
- Dinghy Sailboats
- Wishbone Rigged
Although we appreciate boats of all ages, makes, and models, not all boats are suitable for Club use.
Do you Have a Boat You’re Interested in Putting in the Club?
Send us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org – with the following information:
- Year, Make, Model
- Recent photos of the interior and exterior of the boat
- Engine hours
- Most Recent Survey (if available)
- # of years under your ownership (if applicable)
- Listing (if currently on the market)