If you are or have experienced any of the following situations within the last 10 days, please do not enter the Club. If you are scheduled for an event, activity, lesson, etc. please call our office to discuss available options. Thank you for your effort in keeping our community healthy and safe.
- Feeling under the weather
- Experiencing flu or cold-like symptoms
- Visibly ill (including extreme allergies)
- Positive COVID test within the last 10 days (please provide a negative test for rebooking)
- Possible exposure to COVID or other contagious illnesses
- Students: Bring a mask with you to your lesson. Instructors will let you know if they would like everyone to wear a mask indoors.
- Guests, students, members, staff: If you are not comfortable interacting without a mask, please tell the person you are interacting with. Our staff members will respect your request to mask-up. Some of our staff members will continue to wear a mask as well.
- If you are unvaccinated, we highly encourage wearing a mask while indoors.
Health & Safety at Seattle Sailing Club
The safety of our community is paramount and we are taking every precaution to preserve the health and well-being of our members, students, staff, and community.
- We continue to ask that all guests review and follow current Federal, State, and local guidelines when visiting Seattle Sailing Club.
- Seattle Sailing Club requires all members, guest of members, clinic/seminar participants and students to provide proof of vaccination to sail with us. At this time if you are enrolled in any member programs, lessons, or race programs you will be asked to upload a copy of your COVID vaccination record to your activity waiver (sent via confirmation email).
- For some courses, we may request a negative COVID test 72-hours beforehand. We will notify you with ample time to get tested if this pertains to your class. In these cases, we will ask the instructor to be tested as well.
- We highly encourage everyone to be “Up-to-Date” (with booster) with their COVID vaccination.
- Seattle Sailing Club instructors and staff are fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Be mindful of your proximity to others. When space is available, allow at least 6 feet of distance between you and others.
- Our boats are cleaned regularly, surfaces sanitized, and cabins aired out when weather permits.
- If you have visited Seattle Sailing Club and later found out that you have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (206)-782-5100. Thank you!
December 17th, 2021
The CDC has mentioned we are dealing with what they call a “triple threat” – the Flu and the Delta and Omicron variants of COVID-19. What we currently know about the Omicron variant is that, initially, symptoms are similar to the common cold, so it may not present with the more severe COVID symptoms. With that in mind, we are asking for you to take the utmost precaution in the days leading up to your lesson. Our instructors and staff will be doing the same for you.
- Precautionary Measures Include:
- Get your booster vaccination.
- Wear a mask.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other people.
- Avoid crowds, especially in poorly ventilated areas.
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Monitor your health.
Of all the precautionary measures mentioned, we cannot stress enough the importance of staying home when you’re sick. With long waitlists, doing the best to not get sick is helpful to everyone.
We are all feeling the exhaustion of this pandemic and understand how easy it can be to loosen up precautionary routines. We are all in this together, sailing on the same boat.
We have had stringent COVID-19 protocols in place since our reopening in May 2020 and up to this point, we are proud to say we have not had a positive case linked to activities at the Club. We have had this success because we have best practices in place.
Our goal is to continue providing safe, fun, and healing outdoor activities to our community. Your extra effort in the days leading up to your activity, event, or lesson will allow us to be here for you the way you have been here for us.
Seattle Sailing Club