Sailing Instructor – Work for Seattle Sailing Club
Contact: Graham Humphrey, School Coordinator: email@example.com
Available Now: F/T or P/T Instructors
Seattle Sailing Club teaches American Sailing Association sailing lessons from beginner to advanced. Along with our ASA lessons, instructors also have the opportunity to instruct in team-building events, private sailing instruction, race coaching, clinics, check-out sails, seminars, and member programs.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- US Coast Guard License
- Any tonnage
- This is required to teach sailing on the Puget Sound – primarily teaching on boats with auxiliary power.
- American Sailing Association Certified Instructor 201 or higher
- Current Red Cross & CPR Certification
- Must have a passion for sailing, the environment, and working with people.
- Must have a positive attitude and understanding of a flexible schedule.
- The ability to be patient and understanding of varying learning styles.
- Proficient in all aspects of handling keelboat sloops from 22′ to 40′ (rigging, sailing or under auxiliary power)
- Provide new and experienced sailors with a safe and supportive environment to learn sailing.
- Teach safety, boat handling, and sailing theory to adults in keelboats who are beginning or intermediate sailors.
- Develop and follow Seattle Sailing Club lesson plans that include classroom and on-the-water drills.
- Have understanding and patience for the students and be able to adapt to their individual needs.
- Maintain a clean and inviting classroom.
- Train students to properly put away Club boats at the end of each sail.
- Provide students with information about Club programs and events
- Administer and grade ASA certification exams.
- Coast Guard Sailing Endorsement
- Experience teaching/coaching sailing.
- Racing, teaching spinnaker courses, and/or coaching race teams
- Team building / Corporate experience
- Local knowledge of the Puget Sound area.
- Charismatic leadership
SCHEDULE & AVAILABILITY
As an instructor, you have tons of flexibility! We teach year-round and can offer work year-round to most of our instructors. We welcome instructors who want to teach as little as 4 times a year. Scheduling instructors depends on our lesson schedule, the time of year, and current events. Full-time instructors will be guaranteed 40 hours/week from April through October and will participate in team-building events, private sailing instruction, boat cleaning and maintenance, racing, seminars, and member programs.
Check-out our lessons to learn more about what each course requires.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation: DOE
- Pro deals on Gill, Dubarry, Mustang, and other brands
- Access to sail the Club fleet
UPCOMING INSTRUCTOR QUALIFICATION COURSES
- 4/19: 6pm – 9pm
- 4/20: 8am – 5pm
- 4/21: 8am- 5pm
- 6/9: 8am – 5pm
- 6/10: 8am – 5pm
To apply, please send us an email introducing yourself along with a resume.