Did you know most of Seattle Sailing Club’s boats are privately owned by club members? Our boat owners help make it possible for hundreds of trained SSC club members to experience the joys of sailing the Puget Sound and San Juan Islands in comfort with their family and friends. Boat Ownership in the Seattle Sailing Club has many advantages. Below are just a few of the reasons sailors have opted to put their boats to work for them.
BOAT OWNER BENEFITS
- We take care of your monthly moorage cost.
- We provide a fixed monthly lease payment year-round for leasing your boat from you.
- We organize your boat’s routine maintenance. All the details of routine maintenance and repair services are managed and provided by Seattle Sailing Club’s fleet technicians or locally outsourced experts.
- We provide annual cleanings and inspections of your boat’s systems.
- Our helpful dock staff do daily walk-throughs to check on your boat.
- We offer our highest level of membership for a fraction of the cost which gives you access to sail any boat in the Club’s fleet for day sails and discounted overnight charters.
- Charter your boat up to 12 consecutive days between May and October with advanced reservation privileges.
- Race your boat in local regattas and choose a summer weeknight race series every year.
- Moor your boat in Shilshole Bay Marina year-round or in Anacortes (May – September) for easier access to the San Juan Islands (Boats 35’ +).
- Discounted rates on all sailing lessons.
- Discounts on Gill, Dubarry, and Mustang Survival sailing gear.
- Participate in our member programs, join our fun community, and share your passion for sailing!
- 0 – 15 years old 24′-42′ Keelboats
- Boats under 30ft – tiller driven
- Boats over 30ft – wheel driven
- Fin keel, short keel, or bulb keels
- Cruising boats 32’-42’ with anchor windlass
- 2-3 berths
We are working to expand our Seattle J Club fleet by Spring 2021. At the top of our member’s wish list are keelboats 34’ to 42’ with 2-3 berths. Boats outside of these specifications are gladly considered as long as they are less than 15 years old and appropriately equipped for bareboat chartering.
Boats For Sale that are Currently in the Club
(available for lease-back only)
- C&C 27 Blew Moon: $15,000 (lease payment to boat owner $250/month)
- C&C 27 PenDragon: $16,500 (lease payment to boat owner $250/month)
- C&C 27 Makai: $12,000 (lease payment to owner boat $250/month)
- Ericson 26 Leif: $12,000 (lease payment to owner boat $250/month)
- J/80 No Ka Oi: $21,000 (lease payment to owner boat $350/month)
Boat Buying Assistance – For the Club Fleet or Personal Use
Bob Ross, President of Seattle Sailing Club has been selling boats for 40 years. He is a wealth of knowledge, resources, and connections to other brokers in the industry. He is more than happy to help you find a boat to add to the Club fleet or a boat for your own personal use.
For more information on boat ownership in the Seattle Sailing Club contact Bob Ross president of Seattle Sailing and owner of our sister company Sail Northwest – 206-286-1004 or email@example.com.